LET’S SWIPE: Queer Dating Sites
LGBTQ community, especially women, have been left out of the dating app world for quite a while. Looking for a long term commitment can be disappointing and frustrating. Even though on-line dating has become the norm, finding the right platform for you can be difficult. With our diverse needs, a few new Apps have popped up and started to cater to our communities. Meeting someone on-line can feel awkward and distant. Anyone can sign up browsing through numerous profiles and finding the match.
Let’s find some love apps and swipe!
1. HER, specifically created for queer, bisexual, pan sexual, and lesbian women. HER combines dating with an event feature so you can find a date and queer events in your area. Profiles offer more space to talk about yourself as well as a place to add photos, your gender ID, sexual orientation, relationship status and more. HER, a great place to find girl love. Subscription options.
2. LGBTQutie, the most inclusive dating app catering to lesbian, gay, bi, trans, pan sexual, asexual, queer, non-binary and intersex persons! It’s a place to hangout can make friends and connections beyond the hook-up culture.
3. THURST, similar to LGBTQuite but caters to queer, sis, Trans and binary people of color!
4. HINGE, unlike other dating APPS, Hinge only matches you with friends of (Facebook) friends and syncs relationship status from user FB pages. The best part of Hinge is the profile customizations which lets you see what you have in common first by ‘tagging’ favorite date spots and activities. Subscription Service.
5. BUMBLE, this is not exclusively a queer dating App. You can choose gender and orientation. User’s experience based on their sexuality. You’ve got 24 hours to connect or the connection disappears. Use it if you need motivation to connect. So don’t dally. You can use to connect with your FB account and auto-fill pictures. BumbleBFF is an additional service to find platonic friendships. Works like the regular Bumble.
6. SCISSR, named after a lesbian sex position, it’s an app designed by and for lesbians. Meeting, chatting, connecting and sharing about local cultural interests and relationships needs. The app features privates messages, “crush” on a user to be added to your wish list. Preferences for hook -ups, love, networking or friendships.
7. FEM, app created for queer women of all sexual orientations and gender presentations. Encourages video profiles and group chats. Don’t be shy, try.
8. COFFEE MEETS BAGEL (CMB), ok so it may not be the best App for queer woman. You have to choose a gendered emoji both for yourself and for the gender you are interested in. However, once you do your left and right swiping, CMG will send you ONE high quality ‘bagel “per day. Have a nosh on that.
9. TINDER, I know, it was mostly for Dudes. But now that’s changed. It may be worth your fingers to swipe past them. You never know who will pop up. Very popular.
10. Ok CUPID, free app. Come on back. It has 12 sexual orientations and over 20 gender markers to choose from. It’s got it all!
Now you are on, then what? Impressions matter. You’ll need to set up your profile and choose your photos. Make sure your pictures are up to date with at least a good close up of your face and one more distant shot to show a fuller view. Next work on your profile. Look at other profiles to get an idea what grabs your attention. Talk about what you do and what activities you enjoy. Have a friend give you feedback. Once you feel you’ve created your profile you can start your search with a general idea of who you are looking for. Try being flexible and remain active on the apps to help increase your chances of finding the right person. Don’t forget to learn about your dating app and all its features.
Our member therapists are specialists in helping the LGBTQ+ community and allies. To explore more about your internal world, or finding your own voice, contact us. We’d like to hear from you.